Monday, July 13, 2015

Diverbo

Hello guys! 

After one week without being on any of my social networks, I'm back. This time I'm not going to tell you some boring story about what I was busy with. Because this time it's amazing what I was doing. 

On March of this year, I heard about a scholarship that consisted on a week of linguistical invertion somewhere in Spain with people from many different places in the world: Canada, USA, Ireland, England... so I decided to try if I could get it. And I did. 

From 5 of July to 11 of July I've been in Priego, which is a town in Spain, being there with people from everywhere in Spain, from the US, from Canada, from Ireland... only talking in English. I'm Spanish, so at first it was very hard and weird talking and listening to a different language all day, even though I know a lot of English, it was hard getting used to it. 

However, that was the only "problem", which only lasted a day, because I got used to it easily. Besides from that, everything was AMAZING. The people there were all so nice and friendly, and I had the best week of my life. The counselors, the anglos, the spaniards... everyone was amazing. I've learned a lot, not only English, but also I've learned a lot of things from the people there, I've gaigned culture, and many things I've learned there. 

But, the most valuable thing I got there was an amazing friendship. I'm back now, with many new friends from many different places, and I'm also back with a thousand memories that I'll never forget. Honestly, if you ever get the chance to do something like Diverbo, you should definitely do it, you won't regret it, I swear! 

We've done acting, singing, dancing, sports, drawing, tattoos, olympics... and even a lip dub! So many cool activities that I really enjoyed, and it's an amazing way of learning a language - and of course of meeting new people and making friends.   

The day when we had to go back home, I cried a river. I didn't want to leave that place, because I felt so happy there. I couldn't stop smiling any moment, I couldn't over-think, I couldn't do anything but feel happy. I lived for a week in a reality that I knew wasn't going to last forever - but that is the reality in which I wish I lived. 

I want to thank (again, yes, I've thanked you a hundred times) to everyone who was in Diverbo, to the anglos, the spaniards, and the counselors. Thanks to all of you I've had the best week of my entire life, you guys are awesome. 

I'm already missing everyone who was there, but the truth is that only watching the photos and videos from Diverbo keep a smile in my face, so I guess that means something.

What I really want to say with this isn't like boasting because I had an amazing time there, even though I did. The real purpose of this post besides sharing a personal experience and a massive thank you to everyone who was there, is to give a message to the people who weren't there and are reading this as well right now. Specially to the ones who might be feeling down at the moment, I want to tell you that, even though sometimes you feel like it's the end and that there's no way out, you'll never know how things can turn into, and you might end up having the best week of your life only months after you think everything should be ended. And in that moment you'll realize that after a hurricane there's always a raindow. It's just that sometimes they take a while to appear. 

The last thing for me to say here is that, if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate if you watched a lip dub we did while we were in Diverbo, the video is below!

No comments:

Post a Comment