Thursday, May 14, 2015

My thoughts on Austin Jones' situation.

Hell0 guys!

Today, I'm going to share with you guys my thoughts on all this Austin Jones' situation that has had so much to talk about lately. 


For those who don't know, Austin Jones is a youtuber and musician from Chicago, who's recently been acused for asking for nudes and videos twerking to underage fans. I have informed myself by seeing the tweets around, the screenshots of Austin messaging those underage girls in order to get nudes, and also videos of him asking someone to take his story off twitter and explaining how to twerk. 

I'm going to be honest, I don't like saying bad things about people, I really don't. But these are my thoughts and I can't help them.

Honestly, when I read about all that's happened I felt disappointed, definitely disappointed. I've bought his music, I've watched his videos, and I wasn't expecting that. Why? The first song I heard by him was an anti suicide song, that did touch my heart and even got me crying for a long while because it was so beautiful. He talks about stuff like that, and not only in songs, he's also talked about depression, self harm... and it's always seemed like he cared so much about his fans and stuff. Seeing what he's done just... fucking pisses me off. 

Young people looked up for him, and he took advantage of it. I certainly won't defend him because he doesn't deserve it in my opinion. It isn't fair what he's done. 

Let me tell you something, I was planning of writing a post about him being an inspiration, now I don't even know what I'm writing about. It's what's on my mind. As I've said before, I don't like talking bad stuff about people. But this is a fact - a fact that upsets me, even though I haven't been a "victim" of it.

When you see someone on the internet, they share their story and it reaches you, their music touches your heart and you feel like a "connection" with them, it's like you look up to them. Finding out stuff like this is more than disappointed and you don't even know who else is like that - who else does those kind of things. 


You know the truth? Being honest, after hearing all that I can't like him as a person anymore. I just can't. I like his music, not him, not anymore. That's all I have to say, or should I say want to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment