Sunday, June 28, 2015

LGBT+ Pride Day

Hi!


Today, 28th June, is the international LGBT+ pride day, as you might probably know since it's been on the news and has also been trending topic on twitter, and I wanted to talk about something I've heard a lot today. 

There's a lot of people who completely disagree with the existance of a LGBT+ pride day, and that's what I'm going to talk about. 

Everyone has their own opinion, and as long as it's respectful, I'll respect it. I'm not saying whose is wrong or right, I'm just expressing mine. 

I agree with the existance of a LGBT+ pride day, because I believe there needs to be one. There's still a lot of LGBTphobia, there are parents who kick their children out of their house for being gay, trans, or whatever; there's bullying in schools for not being heterosexual or cisgender, there still are suicides of LGBT+ youth because of how they're treated, there still is discrimination of LGBT+ people in jobs... 

In countries like mine, where same sex couple marriage is legalized, we tend to think that there's no problem anymore, that everything's okay. But, this fight for LGBT+ community rights, for equality, isn't over yet. And, it isn't time to give up the fight, no. This is about human people who deserve to be treated as every human being should be treated. It makes sense to have a LGBT+ pride day since it's time to prove the world that sexuality and gender identity doesn't matter, that we all deserve to be treated the same. 

It's time to stop hate.


No comments:

Post a Comment