Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"Me Against The World"

Hello guys! Last month, reviewing Simple Plan's album 'Still Not Getting Any', I said that I would like to write about the song "Me Against The World", and that's what I'm going to do now. 
I really love this song, and especially its lyrics. The instrumental: drums, guitars, bass... are amazing, and so are the vocals. But what I want to focus on now is the lyrics. 

The lyrics of the song are a critic towards society, about today's society. They talk about how in this society, people try to put down those who are different, those who think different than them. In this society, if you're "different", it's wrong. It's wrong to be different, and that shouldn't be that way. Why? Because being different is being unique, and every person is unique. Why should we be afraid of showing we're different then? 

As Simple Plan says, it's like they want to change everyone's mind until everyone's the same. Sometimes, it totally feels like you're alone against the world, as they say. Do you ever feel that? Do you ever feel like it's you against the world? Because I do. And, I think that feeling like that sometimes motivates you to prove people wrong, to show them that they're not right. Also I have the belief that not everyone is like the "robots" this society has created, I believe that there's more people who thinks that this society is doing wrong, that more people think that something has to be changed. I really hope so, and listening to songs like this one, I can get a proof that there is people who think the same, because that's what the song is about. You know what? We might be a nightmare, a disaster, a lost cause, not a hero, or whatever society tells us. But we have to do what Simple Plan guys tell: prove them wrong. 

I hope you liked this post, below you can let me know what you think of it and if you agree with me or not! Below you can also give the song a listen in case you haven't:

No comments:

Post a Comment