Monday, January 26, 2015

Tom DeLonge leaving or not leaving Blink-182?

Today there has been a lot of confussion on the internet after it was announced Tom DeLonge (guitarist and vocalist) from Blink-182 was leaving the band.
The new wasn't very well accepted by the fans of the band (including myself), who couldn't believe it and were all both angry and upset with the new. This is what Tom DeLonge said to clear the situation: 

"To all the fans, I never quit the band. I actually was on a phone call about a blink-182 event for New York City at the tme all these weird press releases started coming in... Apparently those releases were 'sanctioned' from the band. Are we dysfunctional - yes. But, Christ..." 

However, it is true that Matt Skiba is replacing him for one show. 
Also, Mark Hoppus (bassist and vocalist for the band) tweeted this today, I guess that as an explanation: "blink-182 is life. For life". What will happen? Will he stay in the band much longer or will things change? It seems like things will stay the same for now. I hope Tom doesn't leave the band anyway, but what I hope the most is that they all do whatever they love and they're comfortable with it. Below I'm posting a song by this band I really like, for you to give it a listen (Blink-182 should stay together for the kids, right?):

No comments:

Post a Comment