Sunday, July 6, 2014

"Can't Save Myself"

Hey! Today I decided to talk about a not very known song, called "Can't Save Myself", by the pop punk band As It Is. I was listening to it, and I found it a very good song to talk about. Especially because I find it very relatable, for a lot of people. 
The song talks about growing up, and finding out you don't know where you belong. It's about hating yourself, even though you don't want to, but not being able to avoid doing it, you just do it. And, it feels horrible because you don't just hate yourself, you also hate every single thing you do, you feel like you're never good enough, for anyone, not even yourself. If that wasn't enough, that whole situation makes you feel like you can't save yourself, you're lost and don't know what to do anymore. You didn't decide to grow up and now you feel like you can't do anything, and that makes you feel even worse. Your mistakes, they feel huge for you, like you just can't stop making them. Your mind doesn't help, it just makes you feel even worse, it creates horrible things you can't escape from. You even start wondering if there's hope for you, as the song says. 
I think that a great message you can get from the song is that you're not alone, because I guess that a lot of us feel that way, and maybe it's normal to feel that way when you're growing up, I don't know. 
What I want to say from this review or whatever it is, it that no matter how worthless you feel, how much you hate yourself, how much you feel like you can't save yourself, you're never alone. There's a lot of people who feel like you, they're just faking smiles and lying saying "I'm fine", as you are. Don't worry, things get better :)
Below you can give the song a listen: 

No comments:

Post a Comment