Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Adam's Song"

Hey there guys! Today I'm going to talk about a song. It is called "Adam's Song", by Blink-182. I love this song so much, it's one of my favorite ones ever, and my favorite song by this band. I have so much to say about this song, but at the same time I have nothing to say about it. 
Mark Hoppus (singer and bassist of the band) wrote this song after read the letter of a fan of this band. It is said that the boy was called Adam Krieger, I don't know if that's true or not, I've read it on the Internet. I've also read which people say was his suicide note, and it's heartbreaking. And so is the reason this song was written. In case you want to read it, this is the link of it: http://life-on-the-murder-scene.tumblr.com/post/20292532956/this-is-the-suicide-letter-blink-182-received-that 
Coming back to the song itself, it's based on the letter, but has got an anti suicide message on it. In the part which says: "tomorrow holds such better days", it is easier to notice that. Mark Hoppus also writes his own feelings and experiences on it, because to himself it replects the loneliness of being on tour, and of feeling alone.
The song is just... really beautiful, sad and hearbreaking. I think it shows a lot about the band Blink-182, about what kind of people these three guys that form the band are: good people. In this song, they show they care about people clearly. Also, Mark Hoppus said that after he wrote the song and it got released, which was in 1999, he has received a lot of letters from fans telling him how much that song has helped them through a lot of different stuff... fans telling him they had contemplated suicide but thanks to the song decided not to do it... he said that that's great and was one of the best moments of his life.
Below I'm posting the official video of it so you can watch it:

No comments:

Post a Comment