Sunday, October 26, 2014

Still Not Getting Any Album Review

Hello guys! As some of you might now, today, 10 years ago, Still Not Getting Any was released. For those who don't know, Still Not Getting Any is the second full length album by the pop punk band from Montreal, Simple Plan. 
I'll talk about the band a bit to start. 
The band was formed in 1999, and it's currently formed by Pierre Bouvier (vocals), Jeff Stinco (guitar), David Desrosiers (bass, back-up vocals), Sébastien Lefebvre (guitar, back-up vocals) and Chuck Comeau (drums). 
Since their first album called No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls, in 2002, the band has reached teenagers from all over the worlds with their relatable lyrics. 
Now I'll talk about the album itself. 
The album has got 11 songs, and its style is a pop punk, punk rock style. The lyrics of their songs were all written by Pierre Bouvier and Chuck Comeau, and all the music was composed by the band. 
Track by track: 
- Shut Up!: this song gives the album a start full of energy. The mix of the instrumental and the lyrics make this song, not just an amazing song, but it especially makes it the kind of song you can always listen to when you're feeling angry. It's a song that everyone can relate, and it's really cool.
- Welcome to My Life: well, this song is amazing, and I've already talked here about it, so I will only say a few things. A lot of people relate to its lyrics, and the instrumental is the best one a song with this kind of lyrics could have. You can check out the post about this song here: http://bandskeepalive.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/welcome-to-my-life.html
- Perfect World: this song has got a music style really similar to the other two songs I've talked about so far, but its lyrics are kind of different. This song is about someone leaving you, and you having to deal with that. As the band says, in a perfect world, those things wouldn't happen. Also, sometimes you think you're strong, but when things turn out bad, you don't know how to get through it, so it's really hard. 
- Thank You: oh, friendship. You might find awesome friends that will be the best thing that has ever happened to you, but what if they happen to be the opposite? This song is about that, but, after all, you learn something, don't you? This song is probably one of the most "hard rock" songs of the album.
- Me Against The World: this song's music style is really similar to the last song I've talked about. The lyrics are, as the title of the song says, being alone against the world. Sometimes you just feel like the whole world is against you, but, that doesn't mean you have to be the one who's wrong. I'd like to talk about this song in a post soon, because the lyrics are very interesting.
- Crazy: this song turns out to be softer, but the instrumental is still great. The lyrics, they're about society, about today's society. I think that everything this song says about society, everything its video shows... it all is true. I recommend you all to listen to this song, because every word from it is 100% accurate. 
- Jump: this song has got a style similar to "Thank You" and "Me Against The World". The lyrics are about not wanting to think about anything, being tired of everything, wanting to forget all your problems. Don't you ever feel like that? At least I do!
- Everytime: this song's instrumental is great, and it makes you feel melancoholic. The songs are about love, about memories of a couple that has already broken up, good memories. 
- Promise: this song's instrumental is pretty awesome, and I have to point the awesome guitar solo. The song is about love again, but this one is different. It's about promising everything will be alright if someone stays by your side. 
- One: the music style in the instrumental is still following the same "line" as most of the songs of the album, but with the uniqueness of each track. I feel like the lyrics of this song give some sense of comunity, like, it makes you feel like we all are together. I feel like this song kind of put everyone listening to it in the same place I guess. 
- Untitled: this song is the softest song of the album, and its style is completely different from the rest of the songs. Actually, the lyrics of it wouldn't have fit any other instrumental. The lyrics, according to something I read is about some friends of the band who lost their life in a car accident, I don't know if that's the meaning of it or not. But, to me it's about those moments when something horrible happens in your life, and you're just like: why me? 
Basically, this album is full of deep lyrics with amazing meanings behind each one, but I guess everyone can give each song a different meaning or interpretation, that's one of the most amazing things about music. So, if you have a different interpretation, or you agree with mine, let me know! Also the instrumentals in each song are all amazing and unique. 
Personally, this is my favorite album by Simple Plan, and, I'm sorry if this review was way too long, I just have too much to say about it (it could've been longer...). This band really means so much to me, and so do their lyrics. That's why I love them, their lyrics are something that cannot be compared to anything. 
I hope you liked this review, thank you for reading it :)
Below I'm posting the video of the song "Crazy" so you can give it a listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment