Saturday, December 20, 2014

"Demons"

Hi there! The other day in class we were listening to "Demons" by Imagine Dragons, and I started to think about the song, and I came to the conclussion that it's an amazing song to talk about. 
You've probably listened to this song, because it's really often on the radio. I don't usually like the music that is played on radios, actually I kinda hate most of the music that's on the radio. First of all, I'm not much into music genres like pop, and, second and the most important reason is because most of the music on the radio is empty and without meaning. However, this song isn't like most of those songs, and there's a really deep meaning behind it, so it's the kind of song that I like to talk about here. 
Imagine Dragons is a band that I really enjoy listening to, their songs are really good. 
This song is, for me, about how we all feel sometimes. It's about the "dark" part of us, about how we really feel inside and how we all have "demons" inside of us. 
The part of this song that really got me most was the chorus. Not because it's the chorus and for that reason is the part of the song that is supposed to hook you to the song. It was because of the really deep and true meaning of it. "Look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide", I think that people don't usually notice that, but, the part that shows our feelings the most is our eyes. People look at the smile, but, come on, haven't you ever faked a smile? I have, and you too. To fake a smile is really easy, but, the eyes always tell the truth. It's where you can see the "demons". I think that that's why sometimes when we know someone's not okay, we say "look into my eyes and tell me you're fine". When I want to know if someone's fine or not, rather than looking to their smile, I look into their eyes. 
Also there's another part of the song that is, for me, so beautiful: "I can't escape this now, unless you show me how". I feel like this part is expressing how we all need sometimes someone to help us, to show us the way out, right? 
Other thing that I must mention is the video, that is dedicated to Tyler Robinson, who lost his life to cancer in 2013. And, most of the video shows different people, and it shows their lives, what's inside of them but we cannot see. It shows how we all have things that cannot be seen, but still are part of us. Those are our demons. 
What are your thoughts of the song? Below you can listen to the song while watching the video, and you can let me know what you think: 

No comments:

Post a Comment