Sunday, December 7, 2014

'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' Review

Hey guys! Today I decided to do something quite different from everything I usually do. I thought that it might be cool to do a review of a book. The book I chose is: The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, a teenage novel by Steven Chbosky.
The book is about Charlie, a teenager who writes letters to someone and tells that person about his life and stuff. Charlie doesn't have any friends after his best friend killed himself, and he's trying to find his place. 
When he first starts in high school, he's all alone and people make fun of him for being "weird", and a "nerd". But, he meets Patrick and Sam, and he becomes their friend, and makes more friends. 
I'm not going to tell more about the story itself because I don't want to spoil any of you if you haven't read the book or watched the film. 
Personally, I love that book. It's my favorite book at the moment, and I've read it like three times and watched the film three times too. Yes, I'm obsessed with it. The biggest reason why this book is my favorite one is because I relate to it a lot. I relate to Charlie a lot; even my friends when we watched the film together said that I was like Charlie (I don't know if that's good or bad, but, whatever). His personality and mine are pretty similar actually. He over thinks every little thing, pays much attention to the little details, and that's basically what I do most of the time. And, I feel like I'm not the only one who's that way, so that feeling is awesome. If you're shy, keep everything to yourself, over think stuff, or basically feel alone, I think you should read the book. Anyway I would recommend this book to every teenager out there, and I'm not kidding. But, especially to the open-minded. 
I hope you liked this review, let me know your thoughts below in the comments, and if you'd like me to do book reviews more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment