Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Self-Harm

Today, I am not going to talk about anything related to bands, or youtubers, or anything like that. I am going to talk about something I said before I was going to talk about: self-harm. 
I am not going to lie, I have never self-harmed, so I cannot go and say that I know what it feels like, that I know why people do it, no, I cannot say that. So, I think my opinion is just an opinion. Not an important one because I usually like to say you cannot really know about something unless you have lived it, so my opinion is not a big deal. Or it might be. Because I know people who self-harm, or people who used to self-harm. And, you are not the only one you are hurting when you hurt yourself; that is the truth. Even though you feel like no one really cares, there are people who do. And, also let me tell you that there are people out there who will surely listen to you, and, talking your problems through is better. I really think so; I am not just lying to pretend or anything. 
There is not always someone there to listen, sometimes you are just on your own, and you feel alone, but, I think you should try to find something that distracts you from harming yourself, something like, I do not know, maybe reading a book, drawing something, listening to some music, writing on a paper your feelings, playing some sport, anything that makes you feel good and is healthy. 
I spend a lot of time on the Internet, and there are a lot of teenagers who self-harm, and it really breaks my heart, because no one deserves to feel so much pain that the just want to harm themselves, and it really makes me feel so sad, I am not just saying that because this post is about that, I really mean it. So, please, I am begging you, that, if you self-harm, and you are thinking about harming yourself, I want you to think of me, I know I am just a random stranger, but, I really care about you, and, you can message me, or contact me, and I will listen. I will not probably be able to fix all your problems, but, I will try my best for you not to feel alone. Okay? You are never alone. Stay strong. I care about you, and I love you <3 
Those are the sources where you can contact me if you ever need someone to talk with:
Twitter: @bandskeepalive
Tumblr: http://bandskeepalive.tumblr.com/ 
Also below you can watch a video made by a youtuber which talks about self-harm, that I think is a good choice to watch:



This another one is really good too, it is by another different youtuber though:


No comments:

Post a Comment