Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Roger Rabbit"

I am going to talk about the song "Roger Rabbit" by the rock/post-hardcore band from Florida "Sleeping With Sirens". 
The song is from their EP called: If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack, which was released in July of 2012. It is the unique song from the EP which has a video for it. It is an acoustic song, so are the rest of the songs in the EP. It is not very usual in the band songs with rhythms like this one, but it does not make the song any worse at all. 
What the song is about, well, I think it depends on the person who listens to it. Maybe for me it means something and for any of you means something totally different, I don't know. But I will say what I think it is about, what it means to me. 
For me, the song is about, you know, the truth. You have to do things by yourself and love yourself because in the end "nobody's gonna hold your hand and guide you through". The message I get is that we have to love ourselves. 
In my opinion it is a really beautiful and true song that you have to listen carefully to give it your interpretation. Below you can listen to the song and watch the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment