Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Things We Say EP Review

Hey! So, today I bought the last EP from the band Amasic, called 'The Things We Say' (their first together as a band, actually), and I enjoyed it so much that I have had it on repeat for literally hours, so I decided to make a review of it. 
So, there I go. The music genre of the EP is rock/pop-punk, and it contains 7 songs; one of them "If I Had One Dollar" was co-written by Pierre Bouvier and Chuck Comeau from Simple Plan. 
In my opinion, it is an amazing EP. The thing I like about it the most is the lyrics. I love the fact every song is about something different, which whether people can relate to them, or, you know, not always about the same thing. I personally find it kind of annoying when a record/EP has all of the songs about the same thing. So, I like it the way this EP is. 
For example, the song "When I Dream" talks about how most teenagers feel, which is relatable; but, also, the song "Everything Is OK" is more about the exhausting routine where you just want to feel good, because, for any reason you do not, and I think that is a thing we all can relate in any way. Also other songs like "All For Myself" or "Life Taker" are both very good lyrically (I basically think all the songs of the EP are great lyrically anyway). 
So to conclude I recommend you to check out the songs I mentioned and the EP. And, if you have already listened to the EP or already have it, what do you think of it? Which is your favorite song from it? Mine are "Everything Is OK", "Life Taker" and "When I Dream" (I can't choose just one...).
Also, the band Amasic is on the battle of the bands of Warped Tour '14, so you can go vote them here if you want them to play in Warped Tour this year: http://warped.battleofthebands.com/u/Amasic, they really deserve to play there :)
Below I am posting the music video of their song off the EP "All For Myself", I hope you liked this review :)



No comments:

Post a Comment